The Planket Plant Frost Protection Cover Kit 10 x 20 feet
|Product Name:||Planket Plant Frost Protection Cover Kit + Landscape Stakes|
|Features:||Built in Gommets along edge, lightweight but durable material|
Please note: This listing description is for the 10 x 20 foot Planket and is available via the links provided where you will be able to choose your required size of Planket.
Your precious plants need the best protection possible from bad weather conditions such as cold winds, sleet, snow and frost.
The plant blanket, or Planket, has been designed to let your plants breathe whilst staying in place and keeping them covered.
The Planket is made from a spun bonded, non woven material making it lightweight enough to let plants breathe and not smother them whilst being durable enough to withstand extreme weather conditions.
It features 14 metal grommets built into the edge of the cover to help secure it to the ground. The 10 x 20 foot kit not only includes the Planket Frost Protection Plant Cover but also 14 Planket Landscape Stakes in which to secure it.
It is an extremely convenient piece of equipment to use for more than one reason.
- Firstly, it can get to work almost immediately as it can be unfolded and covering your plants in just a couple of minutes.
- Secondly, when it is time to put it away the Planket folds up easily and takes up hardly any storage space.
Specifications for the Planket Plant Frost Protection Cover Kit 10 x 20 feet
Product Dimensions: 10 feet by 20 feet & covers up to 200 square feet
Features: Built in Gommets along edge, lightweight but durable material
- Measuring 10ft x 20ft it can cover up to 200 square feet of plants
- Material is durable yet lightweight enough to let plants breathe
- Built in metal grommets help secure in place
- Kit includes 14 Landscape Stakes to place into grommets
- Easy to use and convenient to fold and store
- Grommets can tear from Planket in strong winds leaving plants exposed
- Material can rip quite easily
- May need additional weight such as rocks or bricks at edges to hold Planket down
- Any extra material can freeze to the ground in extreme cold
- Landscape stakes are made of plastic and can split if hit to hard with the hammer
The general consensus seems to be that the actual cover itself does exactly what it promises and keeps plants out of harm’s way but the plastic stakes let the side down as they are not robust enough to keep it in place.
As mentioned, extra weight can be added to keep it anchored but wooden clothes pegs can also work as an alternative to the plastic stakes.
This frost protection kit is large enough to cover plant beds, vegetable patches and even trees! Plus, the fact that it is green means it will not look odd or out of place with the rest of the greenery in your garden.
The time and effort we put into to caring for our plants means they deserve decent protection. If you need to cover a large area fast, safe in the knowledge your plants will be warm and able to breathe, use the Planket Plant Frost Protection Cover Kit.