Fiskars Super Splitting Axe
The Fiskars Super Splitting Axe – 36 Inch
There’s no doubt about it; splitting logs is tough work. The last thing you need is an inferior axe making the job more difficult. The extra effort needed when using a bad axe can be exhausting.
For anyone looking for a good quality axe you will not go far wrong with the 36 inch 7884 X27 Super Splitting Axe by Fiskars.
All axes in the Fiskars X Series are designed with a range of features to help maximise performance.
The ultra sharp blade edge allows for cleaner cuts; combined with a low friction coating means the axe never gets stuck.
The handle is made from lightweight yet super strong FiberComp which is virtually indestructible so no need to worry about breaking it when really giving it some welly!
The handle acts as a shock absorber which prevents accidental overstrike damage.
The blade and the handle have been designed to create perfect weight distribution making it easier to increase your swing speed meaning your work gets completed faster.
The 36 inch handle being longer than most axes makes it the ideal choice for taller people.
For those 6 foot and over a shorter handle can be extremely awkward to use. It is just right for splitting medium to large size logs.
Specifications for the Fiskars 36 inch Super Splitting Axe
Model: 7884 X27
Dimensions: 37.4 x 9.3 x 1.8 inches
Weight: 6.3 pounds
Features: Ultra sharp edge, virtually unbreakable, long handle
- Design allows for one strike splitting and no sticking
- Weight distribution increases swing speed
- Lightweight handle is virtually indestructible and acts as shock absorber
- Head of axe has been over moulded so will not separate from handle
- Advanced blade geometry and coating creates cleaner cuts and better wood dispersal
- Moulding holding the head to the handle can crack
- Lightweight nature means some people say it does not feel substantial enough
- If using continuously for a long time the handle can become uncomfortable and even cause blisters
- Although blade is easily resharpened it also dulls quite quickly too
- If you are not very tall the long handle can make it hard to handle (if you excuse the pun)
When buying an axe make sure you get the right one for the job.
For instance, the Fiskars 7884 X27 is perfect for cord wood, whereas if you just want to split some kindling wood a shorter one would be better.
With a sheath to protect the blade and user, a lifetime warranty and a blade made from hardened, forged steel, quality is certainly not an issue.
The clever design that chops three times deeper in just one strike and the durable nature of the materials used means this axe is all you need for splitting those larger logs.
The Fiskars 7884 X27 Super Splitting Axe featuring award winning X series technology is just the right tool for making a hard job just that bit easier.